The main organisers of the 2011 edition were:
- Jens Huckeriede, artistic director of the project – a filmmaker from Hamburg, who has spent years researching Jewish history in Hamburg. Jens Huckeriede passed away in December 2013. Since then Dan Wolf is the artistic director of Sound in the Silence.
- Dan Wolf, coordinator of the workshops – an actor, rapper, playwright, producer, and educator. To find out more about Dan, visit http://www.gebruederwolf.de/us/theater.htm.
The workshops were led by several American and German artists:
- Keith Pinto, artist from San Francisco – dance workshop
- Michael Hearst, artist from New York – music workshop.
- Kijoka Junica from Hamburg – vocal workshop
- Indrani Delmaine from Hamburg – choreography.
MOTTE Community&Cultural Center in Hamburg Altona initiated the project in cooperation with Jens Huckeriede. MOTTE coordinated the encounter of the german and polish participants – and the participation of the artists from Hamburg, San Francisco and New York and was responsible for the fundraising.
Organisation of the project was supported by teachers from Gymnasium Altona in Hamburg – Prof. Dr. Dorothee Barth and Gymnasium Zespól Szkól Nr. 11 in Koszalin – Aleksandra Klukowska and Kamilla Derlatka.